Online Privacy Statement Summary
The John Hancock Online Privacy Statement (the "Statement") applies to John Hancock's websites (the "Websites") and mobile applications ("Apps") that link to the Statement.
Information We Collect Online
- John Hancock may collect several types of anonymous data about visitors to our Websites and Apps, including device-related information (such as browser type, device type, Internet Protocol (IP) address) and server log data (such as the date, time and duration of your visit) by using various technologies, including cookies and web beacons.
- When you visit or use our Websites or use our Apps, we and contracted third-party service providers acting on our behalf may also receive and collect certain Personal Information (as defined in the John Hancock Online Privacy Statement) from and about you. The information that we may receive and collect depends on which of our Websites or Apps you are visiting, what you request or do while visiting them, and whether you register or need to log in as a customer, client, account holder, or participant. Some information may be input by you while other data is automatically gathered. Personal Information may include (i) personal data such as name, address, email address, telephone number, date of birth, Social Security Number, and citizenship, (ii) financial data such as income, assets, banking information, and investment preferences, and (iii) health data, such as medical, and health-related information and habits.
- We may combine the Personal Information and anonymous data we collect from you with data obtained from other sources to help us improve your John Hancock experience and to help us better tailor our interactions with you.
- By voluntarily providing us with Personal Information, you are consenting to our use of it in accordance with this Statement.
Uses and Sharing of Your Personal Information
We collect your Personal Information online for various purposes, such as to:
- Personalize and enhance your experience while you are visiting or using our Websites and Apps, make navigation easier, and for usage statistics,
- Verify your identity in order to allow access to your accounts, and protect the security of your account and Personal Information,
- Maintain or support products or services you have requested, purchased or obtained from us, to evaluate your eligibility for such products or services, and to process transactions you have requested or that are necessary to administer our business,
- Provide customer service, correspond with you and provide you with updates about your account or service, respond to your inquiries, contact you for customer satisfaction surveys, and conduct market research,
- Respond to a job opportunity you inquired about or applied for,
- Market to you, if you have consented to or not opted-out of such use. We do not share Personal Information with unaffiliated third parties for their own marketing purposes, except that we may share Personal Information with other financial services companies to jointly sponsor or offer products or services to you.
We will only use and share your Personal Information when directed or requested by you, as necessary for us to operate our business and provide services to you, to comply with legal, regulatory or administrative requirements of governmental authorities, or as otherwise permitted or required by applicable law. We do not sell, disclose, or share your Personal Information collected online with any third parties except as indicated in the Statement, or with your consent, or as required by law.
Your Rights and Choices
- When we collect Personal Information from or about you, you may tell us that you do not want it used for marketing purposes.
- You may also turn off cookies in your browser.
Please note that if you delete or disable cookies, you may not be able to take full advantage of features within our Websites and Apps.
To find out more about our online privacy practices, we encourage you to read the complete John Hancock Online Privacy Statement.
John Hancock Online Privacy Statement
Your trust is important to us. It is one of our most valuable assets. One way we earn your trust is by protecting and respecting your Personal Information (as defined below).
This Online Privacy Statement outlines the types of Personal Information we collect online, how we use this information, with whom we share it, and some of the choices you can make about our use of this information. We also describe the measures we take to protect the security of the information and how you can contact us about our privacy practices.
If you are a customer of John Hancock and use our online services to access account, contract or policy information, we will also handle your Personal Information in accordance with our other privacy policies, which you may access here.